Monday, February 13, 2006

 

The Ephesians and us

So my scripture memory work for today is Eph 1:15-16 which says:

For this reason, I too, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus that exists among you and your love for all the saints, do not cease giving thanks for you while making mention of you in my prayers.

The question is, does that which applies to the Ephesians also apply to us today or to me in particular. The quick answer is I don't know, but the modern church and Christians for the past two millenia have operated on the assumption that it does. Since this line of questioning usually takes me down endless rabbit trails to no avail, I'll take the Billy Graham approach and assume the traditional Christian stance applies and move on. Hopefully, the gentle reader does not find this too much of a cop out. If so, I definitely understand because I've been there for many years, but the time has come to shed the old and put on the new. May you join me also.

The study in the Life Change book asks the question, "For what did Paul give thanks". I'll take the straight forward answer and say for the faith and love of the Ephesians. If any of you have other thoughts please comment.

Good night, sleep tight.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?